Senior Software Engineer / Senior Go Engineer
About the role
As a software engineer you will work as part of the core backend engineering team in TitanHQ to design and implement our next generation cyber security SaaS platform, with a focus on phishing, spam and web filtering solutions.The successful candidate will show a background in programming in Go (Golang), be passionate and curious about new technologies and techniques, and possess good communication skills. This is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic and passionateindividual who wants to join a company in which they can expand their technical abilities, using best in breed tools, helping to protect businesses from cyber crime. You will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of PhishTitan, SpamTitan and WebTitanfor the TitanHQ product platform, improving and building features to ensure we stay up to date with the newesttechnologies, fixing and testing software and always looking for ways to develop the products.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our friendly and self-motivated team who offer a great working environment and excellent development opportunities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Build new services to meet critical product and business needs using Golang.
- Participate in design, development and test of scalable microservicesto solve cybersecurity problems with modern cloud technology and industry best practices.
- Help maintain code quality with a high level of automated test coverage
- Instrument our microservices so that they can be monitored, scaled and debugged
- Drive innovation across the TitanHQ product set
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Mentoring and coaching junior developers
Who we are looking for:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering
- You have done some development in Go –and are interested in building more Go skills.
- You’ve designed, built, scaled and maintained production services, and have been involved in composing a microservices architecture.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers
- Strong communication skills
- You enjoy working with a team, whether in person or working remotely
- Degree in Computer Science/ IT, preferred but not essential
Nice to haves:
- Experience with A/B testing frameworks
- You have experience decomposing a large monolith into microservices
- You’ve built high reliability or security systems
- You have gone through a rapid growth in your company (from startup to mid-size).
TitanHQ Benefits – What will you get in return?
- Opportunity to have an impact within a Private Equity funded, High Growth Irish Company operating in the cyber security domain, delivering next generation software as a service platform
- Highly engaged team environment, leveraging agile methodology, where you will get to drive the roadmap and deliver cutting edge features for customers in cybersecurity space
- We encourage contribution and a consensus-based approach to decisions
- A great emphasis on teamwork, communication and keeping everyone up to date on our progress as a company
- Join a growing team of strong players with the opportunity to learn and grow your knowledge and career
- Excellent City Centre location, beside Salthill Promenade
- Flexible hours and remote / hybrid working opportunities
- Bring your dog to work
- Great Sports and Social club with lots of events for the team throughout the year – matched Company contribution
- Competitive compensation including the opportunity to earn bonus based on performance (role dependant)
- Company pension scheme and vacation allowance
- Death in service benefit (4 x basic salary)
- Company Sick Pay
- Income Protection scheme
- Health insurance through VHI
Location: Galway, Hybrid or Onsite. Possibility of remote within Ireland
Interested? Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.