DNS filter with WebTitan provides real time AI driven DNS protection from malicious online threats such as viruses, malware, ransomware, phishing attacks and botnets.
WebTitan DNS filter exists to make the internet a safer and more secure place and block malicious cyber attacks at the DNS layer.
The key benefits of WebTitan DNS Filter are:
Malware/Ransomware/ Online threat protection for your end users
A URL Classification database and AI driven threat database used by over 650 million end users
Active Directory integration and reporting allowing you to filter and report granularly per user
Remote user protection (24/7 protection off network) and work from home protection
Excellent reporting capabilities
Per user, per IP, per agent and per group policy options
Fully multitenant and scalable environment in your own private cloud
Ability to rebrand the entire UI and whitelabel the DNS filter platform
Fantastic customer support section
WebTitan DNS security is also the customers choice with consistently top customer review scores
DNS Filter Features
WebTitan DNS Customers
WebTitan DNS the Stats
DNS Filter with WebTitan Benefits
Best DNS Filter
How WebTitan DNS Filter Works
WebTitans Web Filter API
WebTitan DNS Whitelabel
Two primary use cases for WebTitan DNS Filter:
1. DNS filter security layer. Blocking Malware, Phishing, Viruses, Ransomware & Malicious Sites at source.
2. Brand protection. Advanced content control on your network.
What is a DNS Filter:
1. DNS filtering. Webtitan filters websites into 53 predefined categories in over 200 languages. An additional 8 customizable categories are also available. This allows the user to "filter" the categories of websites that are accessable.
2. DNS Security Layer. Best-in-class malicious URL detection catching over 100,000 malware infections a day. SSL supported. HTTP and HTTPS covered.
3. Flexible Policies. Create Policies for an entire organization, from AD groups down to the user level.
4. A DNS Filter that is API Driven. Integrate and control Webtitan using its extensive APIs, roll your own UI, auto provision your customers from your existing systems. Integrate billing and monitoring systems.
5. Reporting: Realtime reporting dashboard to the per DNS request level or high level reports with customizable filters. Schedule customizable reports in multiple formats to be delivered via email. Drill down options with 55 predefined reports to choose from.
6. Deployment options. Gateway/shared cloud/Private Cloud. WebTitan Cloud, a private cloud deployed for you on AWS with failover or hosted by you in your own data centre.
We deploy servers globally tailored for you and your operations. The IP for DNS forwarding provided to you are yours and yours only. Your data in your geographic locations.
7. Group Policies. If you use Windows Active Directory, you have already got groups defined, pull them into WebTitan and apply policies to individual groups.
8. Safe Search: One click enforcement of Google and bing SafeSearch and YouTube restricted mode (this can be customised)
9. Whitelist and Blacklist functionality. Per policy white and black list functionality.
10. AD Integration. Allows for user identification, user/group policy application.
11. On the Go roaming agent. WebTitan is perfect for BYOD environments where employees use multiple devices on and off site. Covering windows and MacOS. We also don’t charge extra for our agents.
12. IPv6 coverage. We have full IPv6 support thus are future proofed.
13. Location types Static IP, dynamic IP, Dynamic DNS, Roaming or Virtual Locations (EDNS) all supported.
14. Bypass keys. Each Cloud Key can be created for single or multiple users and are controlled by time or date. This key can over ride the blocked pages; each key activity is also individually reported on.
15. Customisable block pages – Each customer can have their own specific block page to show their messaging and branding.
16. White Labelling: Our GUI can be 100% White Labelled to your branding
1. Market-leading accuracy, coverage and malicious website detection collated through real time advanced analytics and detection from 650 million end users and 5 trillion web queries per month covering 99.9% of the active web.
Proprietary Al-based and machine learning categorization engines process millions of URLs daily.
2. Scalable. DNS filters can handle any volume of usage with no latency.
3. Real time auto threat and category updating.
4. Support. Renowned for our top-class support team both pre and post sales. This full support comes at no extra cost!
5. Multitenant DNS Filter. Support multiple clients from one centralised platform. Each location has its own log in and policy manager. Each account administrator can control the content accessed for multiple locations
6. User identification: Identify individual users and report on their activity. Integrates with active directory or LDAP to allow you to create per user or per group reporting for your organisation.
7. Full path detection: One of the critical features that Web Titan DNS Filter provides is an ability for deep analysis due to full path detection. Page and path-level reporting provides analytical credibility to what is being marked as malicious. URLs in the Web Titan databases are detailed down to the path level.
8. Zero Latency: The beauty of a DNS Filter is that there is no impact on internet speeds to your users.
9. 3 step setup:
i) add location identifier
ii) Set policy
iii) Forward DNS to WebTitan Cloud
You can start a free trial of WebTitan today - Click Here
1. "Top Notch WebTitan DNS Filtering"
There was no pressure to purchase the dns filtering software. The trial started out for a week and one email to rep to see if we could have more time and before we were off the phone it was extended to a month. While headquarters is not located in the USA, have had no issues getting a hold of a live person to talk to. Great company to deal with.
Documentation is step by step. If it isn't in the documentation calling support quick and easy. Before purchasing the software I used the trial. To test support, called in and told them I was just evaluating the software and had questions. They didn't hesitate to answer any and all questions. Being able to talk to the ones that deal with the software daily and pick their brains was excellent.
Honestly, nothing to complain about. Switched from another software DNS filtering that didn't work and spent more time troubleshooting, switching to WebTitan was a dream.
Jason R., IT Specialist, Computer & Network Security
2. "Great Product - Easy to implement, Titan DNS!"
So far, for the price, the software has exceeded our expectations. We have already implemented the remote agents to over 100 machines.
I love the ability to utilize the remote agent to allow computers to stay under our company's web-filter policy while working remotely.
The only thing that we dislike so far is the fact that it can sometimes take hours for the policy changes to take effect.
Bradley T., Network Administration, Accounting,
3. "Best Bang for your Buck"
Increased productivity and network security.
The interface is as simple as it gets. Everything you need and nothing you don't. Customer service has always been prompt and effective. The support team has always been able to resolve my issues on the first try whether it be on the phone or via email.
There are a couple of features I wish were implemented, but given time I think it will come together. The best DNS filter
Troy S., IT Director
4. "Best DNS Filter proxy/content filter ever used, lot of features, simple and intuitive administration."
Comments: Resolve in a perfect way the internet content filter job, for users inside and outside the company.
1. Can authenticate against Active Directory without counting the IP.
2. Clean interface, simple administration.
3. Very powerful content filter, granular policies for users and groups.
4. Easy to debug the filtering result.
5. Great reporting.
6. Remote assistance.
Chrysostomos V., System Engineer
Yes there are free DNS filters available and also some great options for home use. WebTitan DNS filter has a free 30-day trial to see what it's like to filter your DNS traffic.
- 700 million URL’s crawled daily providing crowd-sourced categorization and threat protection.
- 200 languages covered
- 5 trillion search queries examined monthly
- 3 million malicious URLs and phishing sites blocked at any one time
- 100,000 new malicious and phishing site entries daily
- 300,000 malicious URLs revisited every single day
- 100% coverage of the Top 1 Million most visited websites
- 99% coverage and accuracy of the entire active web, the industry leader.
- 53 Unique Content Categories
- 200,000 queries per second/per instance
- 5 microseconds for database lookups
- 1 Vital DNS Security Layer
Where does our crowd sourced threat intelligence come from?
It comes from the end users of thousands of partners including:
1. Sign up for a free DNS filter trial.
2. We will create an account for you and send you your log on credentials.
3. Log on and create your usage policy or use the default policy to start with.
4. Redirect your DNS to our IP's. If you need help, our knowledgeable, responsive and friendly technical support team will guide you step by step.
5 Done! You're now completely set up on WebTitan DNS Filter.
Our threat intelligence includes over 550 million end users and growing- and is the primary in-house source for threat corpora used to train human-supervised Machine Learning systems. WebTitan employs a crowd-sourced approach for obtaining a constant stream of URLs for analysis. This continuous stream of Active Web (URLs actively visited by end users) comes from a global network of customers across a number of high traffic markets: Network Security, Subscriber Analytics, and Ad Tech.
WebTitan DNS Filter has Highly Granular Controls and lists to Maximize Your Defenses:
Tier 1 - SURBL & URIBL dns filter lists
Tier 2 - Category dns filter lists
Tier 3 - Keyword dns filter lists
It is estimated 91% of malware, need DNS services to find web addresses to infect, and once infected their goal is to communicate or “Phone Home. The vast majority of security incidents occur via email or the web, DNS requests make up a significant portion of this web activity. Why should a partner consider DNS filtering as a solution?
- It’s accepted as a core element of the future of network security
- It stops threats before you can access them. It’s the only solution that can do this
- It’s a malware killer stopping threats like C2 callbacks from communicating outwards
- There is no hardware or software install. It’s an easy solution to deploy.
- It scales and updates threat intelligence in real time
- No need for HTTPS decryption
DNS Filter for MSPs
DNS filtering is an attractive solution for MSPs for the following reasons:
1. Saves time and money on customer call outs to repair cyber-attacks from malware and ransomware.
2. It provides protection for your clients against new and emerging threats
3. It can generate easy to manage profitable monthly recurring revenue
4. You can differentiate your security offering and amalgamate your security layers
5. You will reinforce your trusted IT advisor position. Customised reporting is a great asset here.
”DNS (domain name system) is a critical part of a defense in depth strategy. It has high, high value because every Internet application – legitimate or malicious – uses DNS to look up sites for communication. Virtually all types of malware – an estimated 91.3 per cent – need DNS services to find web addresses to infect, and once infected to communicate back to command and control servers for instructions.”
Mark Gaudet, Product Manager, Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Here's how our WebTitan DNS Filter works from a structural perspective:
With a well-documented product suite and advanced REST API set, we have tools and resources for end-users and administrators to get the most out of our solutions. WebTitan integrates with existing systems via an API to allow you to easily create customer accounts, extract reporting information and interface with your existing management console. Our white label capabilities allow you to rebrand the platform with your corporate logo and corporate colours to resell it as a hosted service to MSPs.