/ WebTitan CIPA Compliance Declaration
WebTitan provides education grade content filtering via an advanced DNS web filter with real-time malicious threat detection and DNS web categorizations. WebTitan allows schools and libraries meet CIPA compliance requirements, providing technologies that go above and beyond content filtering to ensure children are protected.
If you have CIPA requirements, WebTitan can help.
The Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA) was enacted by Congress in 2000 to address concerns around children's access to harmful or offensive internet content. CIPA imposes requirements on schools that receive discounted internet access and services via the E-rate program.
The following education filtering policy is offered to all education customers that require content filtering as part of a CIPA compliant solution.
Education Content Filtering with WebTitan
- Blocked Categories, these categories of websites are automatically blocked at source:
- Anonymizer - Web pages that promote proxies and anonymizers for surfing websites with the intent of circumventing filters
- Compromised - Web pages that have been compromised by someone other than the site owner, which appear to be legitimate, but house malicious code
- Criminal Skills / Hacking - Activities that violate human rights including murder, sabotage, bomb building, etc. Information about illegal manipulation of electronic devices, encryption, misuse, and fraud. Warez and other illegal software distribution
- Hate Speech - Web pages that promote extreme right/left wing groups, sexism, racism, religious hate and other discrimination Illegal
- Drugs - Web pages that promote the use or information of common illegal drugs and the misuse of prescription drugs and compounds
- Mature - Sites not appropriate for children. Includes sites with content about alternative lifestyles, profanity, etc.
- Nudity - Web pages that display full or partial nudity with no sexual references or intent
- Phishing/Fraud - Manipulated web pages and emails used for fraudulent purposes, also known as phishing
- Pornography / Sex - Explicit sexual content unsuitable for persons under the age of 18
- Spam - Products and web pages promoted through spam techniques
- Spyware and Malicious Sites - Sites or software that installs on a users computer with the intent to collect information or make system changes without the users consent.
- Violence - Web pages that promote questionable activities such as violence and militancy
- Safe Search - SafeSearch helps keep adult & potentially offensive content out of your search results including image searches and web searches. Safe Search is enabled automatically for Google, YouTube, Bing and Duckduckgo.
See exactly how WebTitan can help your customers or organization to comply with CIPA requirements. Let our education security experts help build the right solution for your needs.